Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have had lower back pain for a few days now and just this

Customer Question

I have had lower back pain for a few days now and just this afternoon it has got so bad that i can hardly move and it sometimes hurts to breathe and talk, I can't laugh or cough either as I get extruciting pains from the left of my lower back down. I am taking panadol and nurofen and also doing heat packs and rubs. Not sure what else to do.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this is Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience. The Expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other experts too and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
First I will try to gather some additional information from you with the following questions;
1) Does the back pain radiate or shoot down to the leg or legs or is it juts restricted to the back?
2) Are you experiencing any other symptoms like muscle weakness or numbness, or tingling (pins & needle feeling) in the legs, or any bowel or bladder disturbances?
3) I guess you have not yet seen any doctor for this problem, am I right?
4) Have you ever had this type of severe back pain in the past?
Please answer the above questions for me, I will go through these additional information and then follow up with you at the earliest.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Hi Alice, I had earlier asked few questions to gather additional information on your health so that I will be able to provide you the best answer for your health concerns from my side. Did you have a chance to go through these questions posted above? If you are still looking for an answer to your health concerns please follow up with me and we can discuss this further.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor