Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have been experiencing allot of dizziness so bad where i

Customer Question
Hi, i have been experiencing...
Hi, i have been experiencing allot of dizziness so bad where i have had to take allot of time off work, headaches, neck pain, blurry vision, very loud ringing in ears, one ear also has wooshing and fullness, numbness in right arm followed with pain and tingling, those same sensations in my nose, hot flushes from my shoulders up followed by head spins, hot sensations in my right foot feeling like they pulsate, sensations of wetness on my skin on random spots on my legs at different times, depression of recent, allot of tiredness, tingling in both my hands, weakness, clumsiness, memory loss, frustration when trying to concentrate mostly when feeling dizzy. I have recently had tests and found nothing but in my MRI they found my tonsils in my brain were lower than normal, i have since been told this could possibly be arnold chiari, iv been told not to worry about it and to go back to my day to day life. I am yet to see a neurologist and finding my day to day life hard as the dizziness controls allot of what i can and cannot do. Im wondering if i should be pushing to see a neurologist sooner than later and if with my symptoms, is there a possibility of it getting worse needing operation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
6/19/2015
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
What tests have you had?

I have had hearing tests and been tested for menieres disease, hearing test shows i have a slight loss of hearing and the menieres tests came back mostly negative for menieres. I had taken serc to see if it helped and it caused pain in my kidneys and gave me allot of anxiety for the entire week i was on them. I stopped taking them and the kidney pain and anxiety stopped and has not come back since (which was about a month ago) i have had some uncomfortable feelings in my kidneys before the serv but nothing i was concerned about.

It sounds like this could all be anxiety
is that possible?

The only anxiety i have had has been in my chest really and i didnt think that anxiety could cause all of the symptoms iv had including the horrible dizziness that i have been getting. Iv had the dizzy for over 10 years now and randomly over the years had some of the other symptoms but in the last 2 months they have all been very bad and i have taken allot of time off work as i work jn a warehouse with forklifts ect.

None of the doctors that i have seen have suggested anxiety so i would have thought not. I am waiting for a referral to see a neurologist.

I would consider this as a real possibility
when there are so many seemingly unrelated symptoms anxiety is at the top of the list.

Would someone not have said that in the beginning to me before i went and spent over $2000 on tests?

So having arnold chiari and all the above symptoms is not linked? I dont have stress in my life and i usually wouldnt experience any anxiety what so ever, so are you saying i shouldnt be worried about any of it?

No, I am saying you have had a lot of tests and so far nothing has been found that is causing these symptoms.
In that case, anxiety should be considered and discussed with your primary doctor.
I think the Arnold chiari has nothing to do with it.

My doctor did go over those type of things like anxiety and she pretty much ruled it out and everyone has thought that it is something more serious. If all of the symptoms i am experiencing is anxiety, how would i go about helping myself? Is there any way i can find out if it is anxiety or not?

You could try a medication like xanax and see if the symptoms go away

I thought xanax was bad..

Probably not the road im wanting to go down.

It is not harmful to try for a short time

So as the xanax would not fix the problems i am having with my ears, would you suggest this is an entirely separate problem and to see it separately?

My ear is full ,deaf, sensitive and i can hear allot of inner sounds. I can hear my breathing like its hollow and very loud tinnitus in both ears.. all of the ear symptoms is what everyone had thought to cause the dizziness. Would you not think this is related?

I would think the ear may be separate but that might be the only issue
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor