Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

When I swish water in my mouth it squirts out the right

Customer Question

When I swish water in my mouth it squirts out the right side. Also, my wife noticed that when I smile the right side doesn't go up as high
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
Based on the description you have provided above it sounds like you have right sided facial muscle weakness (facial droop). This being a new onset symptom this needs to be examined by a doctor, preferably by a neurologist asap. You may try to see a neurologist in the clinic (if quick clinic appointments are available) and if quick neuro clinic appointments are not available then you may visit the ER. In addition to a thorough neurological examination you also need an MRI scan of the brain and this will tell what exactly is causing this new symptom and then treated appropriately.
In the meantime I also want to reassure you that these type of new symptoms do not automatically mean something serious is going on, on many occasions this may be something benign & reversible/temporary problem too, so please not to panic. Please try to see a neurologist asap so that you will receive a thorough neuro examination and also a brain mri scan as discussed above and then treated appropriately depending upon the final precise diagnosis.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Hi, I have already posted my answer to your question and did you have a chance to go through this answer posted above? Or are you facing any technical problems in reading my above answer? If there are any technical problems or if you have any further questions or need any further clarifications please let me know.