Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Scalp pain and collapse. I am not sure what to do here I…

Customer Question
Scalp pain and collapse. I...

Scalp pain and collapse. I am not sure what to do here I have hyperkinetic periodic paralysis but last night I had an attack that was different from normal. it was about 2 o'clock in the morning and I needed to use the bathroom I took about 10 steps and a very loud ringing began in my ears followed by a rushing sound in Tunnel Vision muscle weakness was present also but that's pretty normal with me. I was unable to clearly form words. as my vision was returning I Began to realise I didn't know where I was or while I was there and I became very scared my partner was trying to talk to me and I could not hear what he was saying due to all the noise in my ears. once I got back into bed I had a very bad headache but managed to sleep. this morning my head still hurts. I have had a headache in the scalp with tingling for about 3 days on and a cold cold tingling down my right arm

i also feel like i have a lot of pressure in my head and it hurts to move. I get very dizzy when i stand up and nauseous.

Not sure if its related but ive also lost a lot of weight over the last month or so. I was originally 115 pounds, now im around 96

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Neurology
6/17/2015
Neurologist: Dr. SH, Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
From what you are mentioning you could have had a seizure.
Seizures can be of many times and this can be one of the types of seizures.
I believe you are talking about hyperkalemic periodic paralysis. I agree that with this diagnosis you would not collapse and go unconscious like you did.
I would strongly recommend that you be seen by a neurologist and be fully evaluated to rule out all these possibilities.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Kind regardds