DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have a serious allergy to morphine and was given tramadol

Customer Question

I have a serious allergy to morphine and was given tramadol I took it and was non responsive after for 4-5 minutes what happened
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
There is no way to say exactly what happened.
That requires exam, looking at your chart, knowing you as a patients.
Possibilities range from a side effect, such as a blood pressure drop, to something that had nothing to do with the tramadol, such as a heart rhythm problem.
This needs further work up.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.