Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

C2+c3+c3 fusion from a fall in 2011. I now have cervical

Customer Question
stenosis, but I now also...
C2+c3+c3 fusion from a fall in 2011. I now have cervical stenosis, but I now also a herniated disc at c5-6 according to my myleo CT Scan done last week. I've all the classes symptoms, shoulder and bicep pain, tingling/numbing, etc...But now, i have an extreme heat sensation in my upper back, as if i have a heating pad back there. The heat sensation will sometimes radiate to the front....Would the heat in my back be related to the herniated disc or stenosia?
Thx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
6/13/2015
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Hi, I am Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
Heat sensation is not a common symptom but it does occur in some patients who have disc herniation or spinal stenosis etc. Since you have a herniated disc and spinal stenosis so it appears this new symptom in the form of extreme heat sensation is indeed related to the existing spinal problems of disc and spinal stenosis. This symptom is radiating to the front which also hints that this is most likely related to a pinched spinal nerve related to the disc or spinal stenosis. As long as this symptom is not worsening then there is no need for another radiological investigation now, you can undergo the scheduled surgery and most likely this symptom is expected to improve after the surgery, however if the symptom worsens then you need a repeat radiological investigation to find out whether this new symptom is due to existing spinal conditions or due to some new spinal condition and then depending upon the test results it needs to be treated appropriately. But overall this heat sensation appears to be due to your existing spinal problems and most likely surgery should help in getting relief from this new symptom along with relief from your already existing symptoms like pain, tingling and numbness etc too.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Hi, I see that you have not rated my answer; is it because you are facing some technical glitches preventing you from rating or is it because you are unhappy & dissatisfied with my answer? If you are unhappy & dissatisfied with my answer and if you are having further questions or seeking further clarifications please let me know and we can discuss this further until you are happy & satisfied with all your health concerns.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, If you have any further questions please let me know.
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)