Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagonised with transverse myelitis about 3 weeks ago.

Customer Question
Hi. I was diagonised with...
Hi. I was diagonised with transverse myelitis about 3 weeks ago. I had 3 treatments of IV steroids which helped and reduced some of the numbness in my thighs and inner calves. I can walk now with a can and have numbness in my lower legs. On tuesday this week i began to have numbness return to my thighs and my right side and my calves and feet are really numb now too. It has been presistant for 4 days now. Is this ok or should i go back to the dr or ER? Thanks jackie
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Neurology
6/13/2015
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Hi Jackie
You need to go back to ER ASAP
You need this checked again
you might need more steroids
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor