How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 11358
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My teeth are wiggly and I can see and feel my gums receding.

Customer Question

My teeth are wiggly and I can see and feel my gums receding. I have been going to my dentist for deep cleans every 6 months. it doesn't appear to be getting any better. I even have a baby tooth where my side tooth should be and that is really wiggly. It will leave a big gap and move my teeth across and I'll have the most unpleasant smile. I don't care if they aren't perfect. I just don't want to lose my teeth. I'm worried that I will lose all my front teeth, if I don't do something soon. I just don't know who I should contact and what I need to get done. Do I need implants? Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
At this point you should consult with a periodontist. They specialize in gum/loose teeth issues.
You can easily find a periodontist near you using this web page:
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS