Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

Have a family history of stroke but I personally did not have one but

Customer Question

Have a family history of stroke but I personally did not have one but I have had dysphagia for the past 11 months that I haven't been helped for.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take Cortisone, Synthyroid, Florinef and had taken Actonel a few times last year. Have had a lot of problems with coughing but that disappeared since I quit smoking over a month ago and feeling much better in that regard but still have spitting, a lot of mucous (not phlegm-my lungs are cleared up for the most part) some of it thick and difficult to spit up and can only drink liquids such as Ensure, veg. juice, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm also a gourmet cook with an extensive repertoire that I can't utilize.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello....?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having problems with swallowing.
what did your barium swallow study show?
do you have the reports of your barium swallow and esophageal dilation procedure?
why do you take cortisone? this can cause fungal pharyngitis and fungal esophagitis.
you might have bad allergies which could be causing post nasal drip and inflammation of your throat from mucous production and allergies
have you tried strong allergy medications and steroid nasal sprays to help with allergy symptoms?