Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My son has just been flipped on tiled floor landed on his…

Customer Question
My son has just been...
My son has just been flipped on tiled floor landed on his back neck is aching, burning, stabbing pain painful to move but can move couldn't see properly at first & now has migraine headache do I call an ambulance or is there anything we can do for him
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Neurology
6/2/2015
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Hi, I am Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
First I will try to gather some additional information from you to help me in finalizing my answer to your question;
1) Is there any possibility that he had hit his head, or is that possibility completely ruled out?
2) Has he experienced these type of migraine attacks before associated with vomiting like this?
3) Can he move all his limbs well & equal on both sides?
When your time permits please answer the above questions for me, I will go through these additional information and then follow up with you at the earliest.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor
head hit floor no headache with vomiting before can move all limbs equally he was fighting with brother & went to kick him brother grabbed foot pushed up causing him to land hard on back & head
Hi, thanks for these additional information.
Coming to the discussion;
It is actually better an ambulance is called and he is taken to the emergency room as soon as possible because he needs a thorough neurological examination and certain relevant investigations like a CAT scan of the brain & spine etc and this way we can confidently rule out any neurological injuries (head injuries, spine injuries etc). I don’t want to scare you guys, I am not telling he has definitely sustained any neurological injuries but with the nature of this incident where he landed on the back and head & the subsequent symptoms he is having so it is better to get him checked by a doctor as soon as possible and this way we are on the safer side.
Once again I recommend calling an ambulance so that he can be taken to the near by hospital as soon as possible and this is the most prudent approach now rather than managing this at the home itself.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor