How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 64381
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My adult son who has gone through a brutal divorce

Customer Question

Hello. My adult son who has gone through a brutal divorce is experiencing intense anger reactions similar to PTSD. He believes that something physical might be causing this because he says his hearing and vision do not seem right. He is willing to go to a neurologist but not a psychiatrist or psychologist for therapy. Do you think a neurologist would be at all an appropriate starting point?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
I don't think this is for a neurologist.
It is a psychiatric problem most likely.