Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small bump on the left back of my head, hurts all…

Customer Question
I have a small bump...
I have a small bump on the left back of my head, hurts all the time I did not fall.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Neurology
small bump on left side of skull, hurts all the time! what is it????
left back of skull
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
have not received a answer from you. have to leave soon!!
just cancel my order, have not herd back from you don't charge me !!!
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2015
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 3 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Hi
Can you attach a picture?
no, its under my hair, can't get to it. sorry
Can you decribe exactly what it feels like
soft lump, can't touch, or lay on it, headache on left side, have had this for 2 weeks, just now it really hurts, my Dr. is out of country, or would go also hurts in my neck. I have a bad back, at first I thought it was from my back, then found this lump, started hurting when shampooed my hair. could it be limp nodes?
Anything without an exam is an educated guess.
It is not in a likely place for a node.
It sounds like an infected sebaceous cyst.
The cyst is not serious, but the infection can become serious if it spreads.
Go to urgent care or the ER.
Use hot compresses in the meantime.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
just touched top of my head, and it is sore on the left side and top of head.
That would imply infection.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.