DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I've had epilepsy years. recently the seizures are manifes

Customer Question

i've had epilepsy for 13 years. recently the seizures are manifesting in different ways. for 12 yrs, i had them only when i slept. now though they are milder, sometimes they manifest as panic attacks, sometimes i just pass out suddenly, unexpectedly.
i do feel they are getting milder though. is there a hope that i may be growing stronger and these will ultimately end?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what can i do to combat suddenly passing out? these seizures are much milder and my recovery is much faster than it used to be in the past, but it's been quite scary because i fell once on the top of the stairs and could have had a serious injury. i don't even remember getting there. another time i was found on the floor of my daughters room with bruises on my face. i don't remember going to her room. she wasn't home.
at other times i've had rising panic attacks. those seem to have been controlled by 5mg cipralex.
anything i can do?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
What is your diagnosis for passing out
If this is from seizure, then they are not controlled, and medication adjustment is needed.
If it is from panic attacks, adjustment of the other medication.
What is your question here?
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.