Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am sitting in an ER. I have deep pain from my ankle to…

Customer Question
I am sitting in an...
I am sitting in an ER. I have deep pain from my ankle to goin. Right side. There is swelling and heat at the ankle. I have absolutely had NO ankle injuries. I have had 2 episodes of tachycardia in the last 24 hrs. The EKG results were normal. The ultrasound showed no clots. Doc is saying that it is probably a bad sprain. I have NOT sprained my ankle.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Neurology
5/22/2015
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
any back issues?
No back issues. Some general stiffness but extraordinary pain or injuries.
is the pain sharp or dull?
any other medical problems?
Burny. It feels like there is a rubber band stretching from the inner ankle to the goin and that it is being stretched to almost snapping. The pain burns and is sharp. The area of the ankle has the most pain and is also swollen but the ankle bones do not hurt
I think its a nerve issue. It could be a nerve in your back
This often presents with just leg pain.
Sciatica for example. Suggest this to the ER docs