How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 45940
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with pulsatile tinnitus and have had

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with pulsatile tinnitus and have had an MRI and MRA. Also I have tmj and trigeminal neuralgia as diagnoses from penn state Hershey. I am going around in circles with trying to find a good doctor for this problem. All my symptoms are on the left side of my face. I have had several nasal and sinus surgeries on that side of my face 15 + years ago. The noise that is pulsatile is coming more frequent. My tests did not show signs of aneurysm, but doctor thinks I may have a blood vessel or vein causing the problem. I definitely want to get somewhere that a doctor sees this frequent and help me get on the right track, preferable in Pennsylvania. I was thinking of Temple. Can you help me get direction to a good health care facility.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
I would go to Thomas Jefferson Univ or to U Penn and see neurosurgeons to see if doing a procedure call microvascular dicompression to separate your blood vessel from your trigeminal nerve would help.
let me know if you have questions.