How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 46381
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a pain in my upper front center thigh close to where

Customer Question

I have a pain in my upper front center thigh close to where leg meets pelvis.,when I stretch feels good. Sometimes when I walk it is painful. Feels like a muscle sense the pain is there when I stretch it as well. I also have a weak muscle in upper buttocks for years that has sometimes caused sciatic pain. This is not sciatic.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
sounds like you have a pulled groin muscle
that is good it feels better when you stretch it
you should see your doctor or a physical therapist to confirm if you have a strained or torn groin muscle or adductor muscle
you might need to continue to stretch and strengthen that groin muscle you don't continue to strain it.
let me know if you have questions.