DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have had a headache now months..It is in the back of

Customer Question

I have had a headache now for 2 months..It is in the back of my head and radiates into the side..sometimes it's on one side and other times in both sides..I have tried everything..pain pills, muscle relaxers, physical therapy, nerve blocks, epidurals..nothing
is working..I have had an MRI of my neck and I have degenertive disk disease in c4-c5 to slightest extent at c5-c6 amd at c-7, where there is a broad base disk protusion..also, central spinal canal narrowing at these levels..I don't know what to do..could
this pain and this headache be caused from my neck? If so what should I do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Yes it can be caused from the neck.
See an MD specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
You might need specialized traction therapy for this.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had an MRI done and I have DDD in c5-c6 and disk protrusion in c-6-c7..could this also cause difficulities breathing
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
No
This should not cause trouble breathing.
That needs an exam right away.
'
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could my DDD and narrowing of cervical spine, buldging disk c5-c-6 and c-7 cause ear pain and sore throat
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
There can be referred pain to the ear.
There can be throat spasm and discomfort.
However, exam is required.