How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Subbanna MD Your Own Question
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5483
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Subbanna MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a swollen cheek that is numb and i am lightheaded

Customer Question

i have a swollen cheek that is numb and i am lightheaded cant handle bright light
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no tooth ache
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this is Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience. The Expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other Experts too.
Coming to the discussion;
The symptoms you have mentioned may be suggestive of few different health conditions, for example you may be developing obstruction to the venous blood flow in the head region. There are conditions called as venous sinus thrombosis and this type of condition result when there is a clot developing in one of the vein or venous sinus in the head region. This condition may be connected inside the skull cavity or not. But this condition can cause the type of symptoms you are having. another possibility is you may be developing some kind of local inflammation or infection of the facial structures and this also can result in the type of symptoms you are having.
You need to see your clinic doctors preferably a neurologist asap so that you can receive a thorough clinical examination and also certain relevant investigations like an MRI & MRV of the brain etc and once the exact cause for these new symptoms is identified it will be treated appropriately. And please see that these symptoms like swollen & numb cheek, lightheadedness, unable to handle bright light etc do not automatically mean that there is an underlying serious condition, in fact these type of symptoms can be related to some non-serious benign treatable/curable conditions too, however considering these are new symptoms so you may please see your clinic doctors preferably a neurologist as soon as possible so that you can receive a thorough clinical evaluation/clinical examination & certain relevant investigations too as pointed above (MRI & MRV of the brain etc) and then treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctors including a neurologist as soon as possible.
All the very best!
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor