DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

Is there a test to determine nerve damage to the clitoris

Customer Question

Is there a test to determine nerve damage to the clitoris area (puedenal nerve)? Does this type of injury heal on its own or does it require treatment?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.

Hello

I am not sure what type of injury you are talking about?

What do you mean

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a test to determine puedenal neuralgia? Can this condition be caused by trauma to clitoris?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
No trauma to the clitoris would not typically cause pudendal neuralgia.
The test would be to get a doctor to do a nerve block to the pudendal nerve, and see if this alleviates symptoms.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.