How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im in the process of buying a home plus stress at

Customer Question

Im in the process of buying a home plus stress at work..single mom etc.. I started getting muscle twitches in my eye, stomach, fingers,arm, leg randomly for a few seconds. Not all the time though. I feel tired but I assume its just anxiety and stress. But I looked up muscle twitches and saw something about parkinsons and MS I guess what Im asking is...are myscle twitches different that tremors? I have tremors in my fingers when I try to hild them up out straight! Ugh
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 2 years ago.

Well, it sounds like you have fasciculations- which are local involuntary muscle twitching. These can be caused by MANY different things:

Diet deficiency
Drug overdose (caffeine)
Drug side effect (such as from diuretics, corticosteroids, or estrogens)
Benign twitches- usually affects eyelid, calf and thumb- triggered by stress or anxiety
Heat exhaustion
Electrolyte abnormalities (calcium and potassium)

Nervous system conditions that can cause muscle twitching:

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS - Lou Gehrig's disease)
Damage to the nerve that leads to a muscle
Muscular dystrophy
Spinal muscular atrophy
Weak muscles (myopathy)

Treatment depends on the cause. BUt this is really more likely to be related to stress. I would keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, you may need to see a neurologist

I hope that this helped. please leave positive feedback for my time and expertise :-)