DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have been experiencing pain at the base of

Customer Question

.I have been experiencing pain at the base of my skull on the left side for several months now. It never goes away completely but does ease up sometimes. I do have arthritus in my spine and I am a 46 year old female. I currently take flexareel on a daily basis for a pinched nerve in my groin area from getting a heart cath procedure/Stent at age 41. I had a major heart attack at age 41 and died 3 times. I can't take a lot of the arthritus meds because of the heart attack damage. I am otherwise healthy. I do not have insurance. What can I do to alleviate this pain?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
HelloIt is likely disc problems in the cervical spine.See a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist.The specialty is abbreviated PM&R. We also call these MDs physiatrists.You might need a specialized traction set of treatments for this problem.First, exam by this type of doctor. They are plentiful. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.