Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

The outside of my left elbow hurts constantly, the pain is

The outside of my left elbow hurts constantly, the pain is radiating to my 4th and 5th fingers. When I make a fist it hurts, when I lift significant weight (over 30 lbs) it hurts. I am right handed, don't play golf or tennis. What could be the problem?
Welcome to Just Answer. I am an Adult Neurologist and was contacted to answer your question.
Hello. the most likely reason for this problem is cubital tunnel syndrome, an entrapment of the ulnar nerve at the ulnar groove and/or the cubital tunnel, which is in the proximal part of the dorsal forearm. You need an EMG of the ulnar nerve comparing left to right and that will answer the question.
Ulnar entrapments can be from simple causes, like resting your elbow on a hard surface all day, etc. You might have some weakness in a muscle, ADM, adductor digiti minimi, as a motor component to the sensory symptoms, meaning your pinky may be weak???
please get back to me with questions if I can help. You need a neurologist to diagnose your problem accurately, but I would suggest that is the problem. Dr Frank T