Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Whether sitting, standing, walking, or lying down, CHF

Whether sitting, standing, walking, or lying down, CHF patient age 88, feels and hears a vibration.
neuromd2012 :

Welcome to Just Answer. I am an Adult Neurologist and was contacted to answer your question.

neuromd2012 :

hello. I am waiting for you to come online for a chat

neuromd2012 :

as you are offline, I will leave you some questions, please get back to me when you come online to discuss

neuromd2012 :

I would need a list of his medications. My suspicion would be that this is a medication effect, but would ask you

neuromd2012 :

if he has lost weight, does he use oxygen daily? at what rate? I assume his is on some "sympathomimetic" medications, like albuterol, that would be his most likely reason for the "internal" tremor and hearing a vibration.

neuromd2012 :

has he had an imaging study of the brain? does he have microvascular disease?

neuromd2012 :

Dr Frank t

Customer:

Thank you. Meds are: Norvasc 10mg; aspirin 81mg;coreg 25mg 2x;lanoxin o.125; lasix 10; levothyroxine sodiukm synthroid 25mg; ulti-vit 1x; omega fish oil 1000 2x; provachol 40mg; co-q-10 100mg; diovan 150mg; digoxin/lanoxn 160. He is 5'7, wt 205, has not lost weight;

Customer:

Mild cognitive impairment long time.

Customer:

nOt sure of microvascular.

Customer:

Digoxin is taken every other day.

Customer:

I have been online but no chat window. Hope I have answered everything, will check my email.

Ok. So forget what I said about medication effect. My concern as a neurologist would be that he has ET, essential tremor, as a result of hypoxic encephalopathy (cognitive impairment is a key here) from his CHF. You could see that on MRI scanning of the brain, but a better idea would be a DatScan, which is a SPECT scan to look at his dopamine stores in the brain, as related to Essential Tremor or Parkinson's Disease. He really needs a neurologist. Please get back to me with questions, and I will reply. Dr Frank t, There are medications to treat ET, but they all will make his CHF worse, so this can be a problem. You need to exclude Parkinson's maybe.
Joan. the software is failing today. sorry. I don't know if you can see this, we were knocked off the chat (actually I was,, and you weren't) Please get back to me with questions. I will paste in what I previously wrote.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Dr Frank t, very helpful information. I may contact you againj. Good service.

I am here. come back anytime. Dr Frank t
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not necessary to contact me again.

ok