DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I recently had blood work done for my Orthopedist (bilateral

I recently had blood work done for my Orthopedist (bilateral hip OA) to rule out RA (other joints - fingers, elbows, etc.). Most of the results were normal except the ANAChoice R screen was positive and the Centromere B antibody tested at >8.0 Positive. I believe I have Reynaud's in my hands. Is there any need to have further evaluation by a rheumatologist? My orthopedist was non-committal on the subject.
Hello from JA
Yes
See the rheumatologist.
Lupus, mixed connective tissue disease, and other varients are possible.
In fact if there is no better explanation for your symptoms, you clearly need the work up.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.