How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 56224
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The right side of my head, between the eye up to just above

Customer Question

The right side of my head, between the eye up to just above and behind the ear, was hit. I was wondering why this has caused pain, at almost the same time as the impact, at the base of the skull on the right-hand side about two inches back from my ear. The pain there is sharper and can be felt after pressure has been put on it or the head turned. I also had a really big lump (small hand size) swell up on the RHS of head going back from about an inch and a half across top of eye, and an an inch above the eye (across forehead) to the ear.
(Also, difficulty is had opening jaw and a burning sort of pain is felt in the top/ bottom back teeth/gums as wells as bit of pain down front of neck from jaw- may not be relevant but also occurred at same time. i saw a nurse in A & E so thats all fine i would just like to know why it all occurs thanks) (PS THIS HAS BEEN POSTED UNDER THE WRONG CATEGORY, I HAVE ASKED CUSTOMER SERVICES TO CHANGE IT TO NEUROLOGY) Thank you for reading.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.


I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,


Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for this excellent question.
I'm sorry you are having this problem
I need to gather more information in order to give you the best answer possible.
When did this injury occur?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
This is inflammation of the nerve in that area called neuralgia
It will heal with time.
A med called gabapentin will help.
I hope this helps.
If you have more questions, just reply. :)