Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

My whole body, from head to toe, has been numb for now 2 and

a a half months. I...
My whole body, from head to toe, has been numb for now 2 and a a half months. I have been through several blood tests, a brain scan and seen a nerve doctor. No one seems to know what is wrong with me. Luckily, I don´t hava brain tumour, MS og nerve damage! I have been going through a divorce ... 5 months ago, but am getting over it. I´m taking sleeping pills, one before bed. Have you any idea what is wrong with me? It is not painful, but very annoying. It´s kind of like pins and needles..... everywhere. Best regards, ***** ***** Iceland.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2013
Dr. Garg
Dr. Garg, Other
Dr. Garg :

Are you having numbness

Dr. Garg :

everywhere?

Dr. Garg :

all the time?

Dr. Garg :

Have they done an EEG?

Customer:

Yes, basically. It´s worse as the day goes by

Customer:

EEG? is that a brain scan?

Dr. Garg :

MRI completely normal?

Dr. Garg :

no its a test to make sure there is no component of seizures

Customer:

Yes, everything was normal, except I was a little low in B12, and my blood cells ....were a little large

Dr. Garg :

they stick electrodes on your head

Customer:

no

Customer:

I had to lay in a big machine for an hour

Dr. Garg :

yes that is the MRI scanner

Customer:

I´ve been recieving B12 shots, but nothing changes

Customer:

ok

Dr. Garg :

I would ask yoru regular doctor

Dr. Garg :

or yor neurologist

Customer:

my father is a cardiologist......

Dr. Garg :

if an EEG would be helpful in this situation

Dr. Garg :

not an EKG but an EEG (done by neurologist)

Customer:

I´ve been to a neuorlogist, she has no clue

Dr. Garg :

and also ask to work up for a neuropathy

Customer:

ok, don´t kwow what that is..... neuropathy

Dr. Garg :

its a disorder

Dr. Garg :

where the small nerve fibers in the skin are affected

Dr. Garg :

causing yor symptoms

Customer:

I´m getting really tired of never feeling normal.......

Customer:

ok, I´ll ask about that....

Customer:

is there a cure for that?

Dr. Garg :

so thats my suggestion

Dr. Garg :

well it depends what causing it

Dr. Garg :

so there are 100s of things that can cause it

Customer:

ok I see

Dr. Garg :

so if you fall under the category of something that can be corrected yet

Dr. Garg :

*yes

Dr. Garg :

please PM if you have any other questions

Customer:

ok thanks.

Dr. Garg :

Feedback please

Dr. Garg :

we're only compensated for excellent feedback

Dr. Garg :

and PM if youhave any other qestions!

Dr. Garg :

keep me posted

Customer:

ok

Dr. Garg
Dr. Garg, Other
Dr. Garg
Dr. Garg
Dr. Garg, Other