How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 11946
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son had a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain after

This answer was rated:

My son had a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain after a big fall when he was 2. Now he is 13 and still has trouble learning and is angry. Is there anything I can do to help him with his brain functioning?should I get an x-ray of his brain? Is there anything to reverse his injury in his brain. I am not even sure that the medication is helping. He is getting all D's and F's this year and can't seem to explain why. He just can't remember things.


An xray of the brain, or even CT of the brain is not likely to show anything significant, as that injury was so long ago. Even a MRI of the brain is not likely to show much.

Certainly, if the doctors want to get imaging of the brain, it would not be unreasonable.

But there would not be any specific medication or therapy that could "reverse" any injury in the brain (if there is one).

But these issues are probably better suited by seeing a neuropsychologist, who can evaluate him to see if he has a specific learning disability, or other issue impeding his ability in school.

Dr. Mark and other Neurology Specialists are ready to help you