Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

What does it mean if i have fluid in the middle of my

Customer Question
frontal lobe. A shrink...
what does it mean if i have fluid in the middle of my frontal lobe. A shrink who read my M.r.i. said It was there but it was no big deal.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Neurology
2/20/2012
Neurologist: Dr. Landley,
 replied 5 years ago
Dr. Landley
Hello JA customer.

If you had any past trauma to the head, the fluid could mean inflammation of the brain nerve fibers.
If you are having fever which is affecting your brain, it could mean a cyst like neurocysticercosis. So, actually your clinical history is important to make a diagnosis.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

Please press the "green accept button" to accept this answer and give credit for my work and time.

Positive Feedback and bonus is warmly appreciated.
Dr. Landley
i have had past trauma and substance abuse. can this be treated?
Neurologist: Dr. Landley,
 replied 5 years ago
This can be treated by making an appointment with a neurologist.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

o.k. what is your opinion on hyperbaric oxygen treatment for brain injury? Also I had a spinal tap done and it said my protein levels were high and my rbc count was high. The doctor who did the spinal tap said it was a clean poke with the fluid being clear and not pink. But the neurologist and my primary care just dismissed it saying that it probably happened when they poked me.
Neurologist: Dr. Landley,
 replied 5 years ago
hyberbaric oxygen has been used by many for brain injury.

The high RBC count could be due to hemorrhage/ bleeding from the site of tap. However, the protein levels cannot be high from a traumatic spinal tap.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

need more detailed information on the oxygen treatment.How successful has it been?
Neurologist: Camille-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Camille-Mod

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Expert has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

I'm still waiting for an answer
Neurologist: Camille-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

Neurologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. I can help you today.
It really is impossible to say if hyperbaric oxygen therapy is going to be effective for your brain issue without having very detailed knowledge about what is going on.
The only way to get this information, I am afraid, is to have a complete examination by a neurologist.
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD