Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

What can cause you to feel like your not all there like your…

Customer Question
What can cause you to...
What can cause you to feel like your not all there like your not in reality?? like a constance feeling of not being reality??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Neurology
6/28/2010
Neurologist: Dr. F, Board Certified MD replied 8 years ago
Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. Your question is complicated and to give you a good answer, it would help us to know:

How long have you felt this way?

Does anything bring it on , make it better or make it worse?
-What sex are you?
-How old are you?
-What medical problems do you have?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

i have no medical problems that im awear of but its all the time constance...and im female and 19 yrs old...

A feeling of ..."your not all there like your not in reality"..that is constant is uncommon as a sign of neurological illness.

Some people with epilepsy have seizure warnings that include feelings of unreality, but these episodes are usually only minutes to (rarely) hours long, and are usually followed by a seizure.

A feeling of unreality that is continuous may be associated with a general medical malady such as fever.

A feeling of unreality may also occur as a result of deliberate or unsuspected ingestion of substances that impair or alter brain function.

Finally, a feeling of unreality may be associated with mood disorders such as anxiety.

You should see a doctor if these feelings persist.

Thank you for the opportunity to help you. To give me credit for my time and effort, please press the ACCEPT button for this answer. After that, I will still be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This answer is for information only. It cannot and should not be substituted for or the recommendation of your doctor