Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a Kurtzmann & co. antique upright piano pre-1912 that…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a Kurtzmann & co. antique upright piano pre-1912 that is considered “missing.” I can’t find its serial number listed. #29584z

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Sorry no z. Typo. Please help if you can

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Please help if you can

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
5/30/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Any photos of it you can send?
Included one of the serial number. Let me know if you need any other angles.
Let me know if you get the pictures. Having trouble sending them
464E77B8-884E-4AD6-94B3...jpeg464E77...jpegBFF5C62B-5AB9-4A8D-88E0...jpegBFF5C6...jpeg43C079D0-9099-4C94-BC78...jpeg43C079...jpeg975D6EBA-782B-4165-A32B...jpeg975D6E...jpeg

Thanks for your patience. Do you have photos that show the inside strings and hammers?

Hi, checking back to see if you got my last message about inside photos?
Thanks for the photos!
In checking serial number records for this company I find yours was built in 1907. The photos show a piano which is in original condition and needs cosmetic and mechanical restoration. This would be the case with almost any piano over 100 years old. Because of the condition and the age, the piano will have very little value. Pianos are mechanical instruments so they don’t get an antique value.
Based on these photos and considering the used market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $50-$200 in a private sale. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving—I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!

Hi--just checking back to make sure you received my appraisal?