Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have just been given a "copy of Antonio Stradavarius"

Customer Question
I have just been...

I have just been given a "copy of Antonio Stradavarius" violin which is missing the bridge and 2 pegs. It has a lot of wear on the finger board and the varnish is in poor condition. I'm not sure what to do with it. We used it in a display recently and the owner doesn't want it back. I thought I might replace the bridge and the tuning pegs and then put some strings on it. We have local music shop run by a violinist and wondered if taking it there was probably the best step. What do you think?

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
I have just been given a "copy of Antonio Stradavarius" violin which is missing the bridge and 2 pegs. It has a lot of wear on the finger board indicating to me that it might be quite old (the ebonisation has worn off around the first position area) and the varnish is in poor condition. I'm not sure what to do with it. We used it in a display recently and the owner doesn't want it back. I thought I might replace the bridge and the tuning pegs and then put some strings on it. We have local music shop run by a violinist and wondered if taking it there was probably the best step. What do you think?
4/3/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.

I will return in just a moment.

Are you just wanting to know if it is a good idea to take it to them to have it fixed?

Actually, I don't think I really want an answer now as I have found out what I want to know elsewhere. I would prefer a refund of the rather hefty fee I am being charged. I am happy to pay the registration fee, but I would like a refund and no answer. Thank you.

Just to let you know the Professional Appraisers are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. We come to the site to answer questions that customers ask. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, you may contact customer support at
Email address:***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us?target=phone
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Or by phone:
US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****
Customer Service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at(###) ###-####

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Thank you