Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a M. Hohner Harmonica. I have a M. Hohner Harmonica.

Customer Question
I have a M...

I have a M. Hohner Harmonica.

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a M. Hohner Harmonica.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Yes...it's appears to be antique. On one side of the Harmonica is an engraved side view head shot portrait of a man in an oval frame border, he has long side burns. Surrounding the frame border engraved into the metal are what appears to be tulip flowers and on bottom of these tulips surrounding the frame is another kind of flower that ties the tulips together. To the right of the engraved profile in all capital engraved letters about half inch each letter, is the word. MARINE BAND, underneath is the engraved signature of M. Hohner and below this are the numbers 1 to 10 they are above music scale note wooden holes. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HARMONICA ABOVE THE MUSIC WOODEN SCALE HOLES, left to right engraved is MADE IN GERMANY and in caps alongside M. HOHNER(not a signature). And above this to the far left vertically spelled out is an engraved name in caps D. VERDIENSTE. Alongside to the right of the name is ***** ***** in caps WIEN and it is above two engraved circles interlocked, you can only see one full circle over the other which you only can see half of it. In the half circle above the full circle, it appears to have engraved figures holding hands. All around the inside border of it there are impressions and they appears to be small capped letter "M"s. The other engraved circle at the inside border, all around it is also the small capped letter "M". It surrounds a engraved side view of a man, appears to appears to be wearing a leaf designed bandanna on his head and hangs down the back of the head. BELOW this head is the YEAR 1873 this is above MADE IN GERMANY. ALONGSIDE these circles are two more circles situated the same way except that they are comprised of one circle inside the other. In the full circle which in this case is above the half one written in caps are the letters ULM. In the double bordered half circle that the full circle covers is the year 1871. To the right of this is TWO SLEEVED HANDS holding a larger double bordered circle. On top of the circle on one side is the capped word TRADE and other side MARK. In the inside of the double bordered circle underneath the top is the capped word GESETZI and below on the bottom of the inside of the double circles is the capped word GESCH. Alongside to the right of one of the hands holding the TRADE MARK are two more interlocked double circles the full one over the half visible circle, inside the full circle in capped letters is the name STUTT-and below it is GART. In the lower half visible double bordered circle in side it is engraved the year 1881. To right of these circles are two circles the half appearing circle has above it an engraved word in caps PHILAD in its circle it looks like on the inside border a WREATH all around the circle and in the middle of the circle, looks like stippling of many tiny pyramids. In the full circle that is over half circle inside there are a stippled design all around the interior of the circle. And in the center of the circle there appears to be a engraved man or woman seated arm extended. Underneath this circle is the engraved year 1876. BELOW the adjacent circles is the engraved words in caps FABRIQUE ENALLEMAGNE. To the right of these circles, vertically engraved is the name GR. BRONCE. The sound of the harmonica is A-1 however, I had to clean the rust of the metal to read the markings which I read with magnifying glass. I would be most appreciative of you possibly shedding some light as to it's historical value. Blessings, Stanley B. Herman, email:***@******.*** and a cell:(###) ###-####Thank you and looking forward to your response.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
4/3/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 20 days ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Do you have pictures you can send?
.
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.