Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

M schulz s/n 200957 great cabinet condition. who can player…

Customer Question
M schulz s/n 200957...

M schulz s/n 200957 great cabinet condition. who can player mechanism refurbish for me?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

1927 baby grand top of the line cabinet in walnut aria divina

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

It is the soft touch version

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
3/31/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser replied 2 months ago
AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser

Thanks for the question! A 1927 baby grand Schulz piano in walnut sells in unrestored condition for $1,500 to $2,500 typically (assuming generally good condition, but not "concert ready.") At auction, these can often sell for nominal sums for use as parts, see: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/56641827_musical-marionette-baby-grand-player-piano-mfgd-by-m) but in fully restored condition, it can retail for $5,000 to $7,500.

I'd reach out to this firm: http://www.theplayerpianoshopoh.com/ - often, it's more cost effective to buy a fully restored piano than to go through the expense of restoration.

Again, thank you! Let me know if I can be of further help and please rate my professionalism using the 5-star system.

Hello! Following-up because I saw you reviewed the answer I prepared for you but you elected not to rate it. Is there any additional information that I can provide?

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional.

If you need help rating, please see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

Again, thank you!

AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser