Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a Baldwin Monarch Chicago upright player piano

Customer Question
Hello! I have...

Hello! I have a Baldwin Monarch Chicago upright player piano (Serial# *****) fully restored and has only been in Colorado thus wood is perfect. Approximately how much is it worth?

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

???

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Already gave you the information.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Thanks for your question! Could you tell me what sort of restoration was done? What is the piano only refinished? Or, were the insides fully re-done?
Fully restored inside and out.
Thank you for the information. Please allow me a couple of hours to look into this for you. Thank you

Based on your description, I am assuming full restoration, including cosmetic refinishing of all wood, rebuild of the action, restringing, etc. A restoration of this type would cost several thousand dollars. For value reasons, I'm assuming the work was done in the last five years. If it has been more than that, the value would decrease. The "Monarch" line of pianos was a subsidiary line of D.H. Baldwin. They would not be worth as much as a full-fledged Baldwin from that era.

Based on your description of the piano and its condition, I would recommend a current value of approximately $2,000-$3,500 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!

Hi, I'm just checking back to make sure you received my appraisal. Do you have any other questions? If not, please take just a quick second to select a positive rating for me. This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!