Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I just purchased my first piano! It’s a Mozart, serial

Customer Question
Hi, I just purchased...

Hi, I just purchased my first piano! It’s a Mozart, serial #114313. Wondering if you have any information about it. I was told from around 1962.

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don’t know much else really, it has the letters CPC in an angle on the metal back part .

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

It’s in good condition, a few scratches in wood and needs to be tuned.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Wayne, Bachelor's Degree replied 4 months ago
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree

This is Wayne I am a verified expert in musical instruments and I can help you with this. Please tell me if this is an upright or grand piano.

Thanks,

It’s an upright.
Typing is fine with me.
I guess maybe it’s calked a console?
I never received an answer to my question.

Can you tell me if there is anything else written on this. Do you know if your piano came from Canada?

Thanks,

I think it was made in Toronto, but this is one of the things I wanted verified.
Here are some pictures, hope they send okay. I had trouble loading them.
8A90DCD6-9E59-4835-84E9...jpeg8A90DC...jpeg5FA6E3C7-F759-41B7-8D7D...jpeg5FA6E3...jpeg4A612E1C-822A-47EB-B1AB...jpeg4A612E...jpeg48A36ABF-07CD-4EF7-98A2...jpeg48A36A...jpegA3BB279B-3807-4C0A-9F3C...jpegA3BB27...jpeg
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Wayne, Bachelor's Degree replied 3 months ago

Your piano was made by the Heintzman Piano Co Toronto. Mozart was a brand or model name. According to the serial number this was made on 1964. In excellent condition these are selling for $800-1200 CAD.

Thank you,

Click on the stars *****When you read this answer.

Thanks for the info!