Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a 1920 Weber Duo Art Grand player piano, what is a…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 1920 Weber Duo Art Grand player piano, what is a fair selling price?

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Piano needs exterior refinish and is in otherwise very good condition.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Player mechanism works.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser

Hi, I have completed thousands of instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours. *Please ignore phone call offers, I work online only.

These old player pianos are pretty common on the used market. For valuation purposes, it is important to understand that pianos depreciate in value as they age and their parts decline in condition. Without restoration, a piano very old in age would be worth much less than one of comparable quality that is newer.

Considering your description of condition (needs refinishing, player is working) as well as the used piano market today, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $1,800-$2,600 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!