Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a Baldwin Spinet Organ, Model D-300, that is

I have a Baldwin...

I have a Baldwin Spinet Organ, Model D-300, that is approximately 23 years old. I am moving to a smaller home and will no longer have space for this instrument. I would like to sell it but I have no idea of the current value of the organ. What is a reasonable asking price?

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

No, unfortunately, the organ has no historical significance.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

Do you have pictures you can send?
.
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My organ is currently in a storage facility and I am unable to forward a picture to you. However, I logged on to the Baldwin website and found a picture of a similar organ. I am attaching that picture for your review. I also have the accompanying bench and the Owner's Guide. I hope that this information will be useful to you.

Thank you,

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Baldwin Spinet Organ, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, at around $800.00-900.00, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1200.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1200.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.

Thank you
Glenda
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B.