Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have an old hammond organ (about 40 years old). It has…

I have an old...

I have an old hammond organ (about 40 years old). It has been hardly used and is perfect exterior shape but does not work anymore. the light goes on, indicating something is alive but nothing more, even when putting all the stops down. Where can I get technical help to tell me what is wrong?

Expert's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Bronx, new york

Expert's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Turning it on with the light going on but no sound when prying to play.

Expert's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just a referene to a technician in the location. Or else giving me some steps to take to determine further what the problem might be for me to investigate myself within the organ.

3/18/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

Hello

Here is a list of Organ Service/Repair companies you can contact in your area, there are a few Hammond Organ companies here that should be able to help you with your needs.

.

Hammond Organ Authorized Sales & Service

1150 Elizabeth StJersey City, NJ 07306(###) ###-####br />Pianos & Organs

.

Hammond Organ World
171 Ridgedale AveFlorham Park, NJ 07932(###) ###-####/p>

.

Hammond Organization
31 River CtJersey City, NJ 07310(###) ###-####/p>

.

Hammond Organization
31 Nj State HwyJersey City, NJ 07306(###) ###-####/p>

.
Rudy's Pianos
2403 3rd AveBronx, NY 10451(###) ###-####/p>

.

Beethoven Pianos

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Thank you Ms Glenda for your informative response. I will be contacting the nearest of your references within the week to see what they can offer. One other questions I have, if you have any suggestion is this:Would there be any information somewhere in which I might get some guidelines about checking out some common faults in the organ myself to account for its malfunctioning. I was thinking about sources to access such checking points. I will begin by checking You Tube and internet with the model number. If you have any additional thoughts or knowledge about this let me know.I have checked off your rating which is certainly five star.Edward
I am still waiting for the response to the question above sent on February 19.
sorry, the date on the above should read March 19th, not February 19th.

Hi Edward

I am sorry I did not get the notice that you responded to me, I just saw this this morning.

these companies should be able to advice you about your organ and it not working properly. They should have technicians who can help or direct you to the place that can help you.

.

Hammond Organ World

.

Hammond Organization

.

Hammond Organization

Thank you

Glenda

thank you. I will contact one of these places for the info needed. Edward

You are very welcome