Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Need to sell my whitney grand piano do not know how old it…

need to sell my whitney...
need to sell my whitney grand piano do not know how old it is serial # is 137894 cabinet is in rough condition but plays well
3/17/2018
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser

Hi, I have completed thousands of instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours. *Please ignore phone call offers, I work online only.

Your piano was built in 1933 based on the serial you provided. Whitney pianos were built by the Kimball company as a subsidiary line.

Pianos are valued based on a number of different factors, including maker, size, condition and age. Age is one of the most important, since pianos decline in condition over time and therefore lose value. All pianos depreciate because of this, unless they have been restored and condition improved.

You mention the cabinet being in "rough" condition and with that and the old age, I would assume the piano to be in fair to poor condition. Most pianos this old would be in fair condition at least.

Based on those factors and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $800-$1,300 USD. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!

Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser