Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

We have donated a studio upright Kawai 1983 to our church.

Could you please give it...
We have donated a studio upright Kawai 1983 to our church. Could you please give it a value for our taxes? I have pictures if you need them.
Thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser

Hi, I have completed thousands of instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours. *Please ignore phone call offers, I work online only.

Could you attach the photos please?

Thanks for the photo!

Kawai has had a great reputation for quality now for many years. Your piano's value will benefit from this as well as the larger height (compared to a spinet or console model). The finish is usually a small increase in value as well, though some prefer the customary black finish.

Based on the age, there's 35 years of depreciation to consider versus the cost of a new similar model. That said, and considering the used piano market today, I would recommend a donation value range of approximately $1,950-2,250. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!

Thank you for the expert opinion.
2 things... Do we get something from you that is printable?
Also I could not find the rating link.
This is my appraisal, there is no separate document. You can right click to print it. You should see a place to select a star rating for me.
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser