Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

NEED AN APPRAISAL. I THINK ITS A BARGAIN AND I'D LIKE TO…

NEED AN APPRAISAL. I THINK...
NEED AN APPRAISAL. I THINK ITS A BARGAIN AND I'D LIKE TO ACTUALLY PLAY IT. IT HAS 5 CRACKS IN THE TOP, OK WITH ME, BUT DON'T KNOW ABOUT THESE AND IF ITS PLAYABLE WITHOUT BIG $$. I FIX THINGS BUT WOULDN'T WANT TO MESS UP SOMETHING PRECIOIUS. THANKS
No ID. No label, info, etc.
402153099251mc.JPG4021530...JPG476837899255mc.JPG4768378...JPG655127199250mc.JPG6551271...JPG946270992452mc.JPG9462709...JPG2477975992457mc.JPG2477975...JPG3252308992453mc.JPG3252308...JPG3918817992456mc.JPG3918817...JPG4959329992455mc.JPG4959329...JPG5452081992454mc.JPG5452081...JPG5801205992458mc.JPG5801205...JPG5856744992451mc.JPG5856744...JPG
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/15/2018
jennem22
jennem22, Appraiser

Good morning,

My name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

This is in pretty poor shape. It's not just cracked, it's warped. It's not going to be playable with a decent sound without quite a lot of expense, far more than it's worth. In fact, I think much of it would need to be replaced entirely, and then you don't even have the same guitar.

There should be some sort of mark inside the guitar, but without a name to put on it, I still wouldn't place the as-is value above $25, or the "perfect" value above $500.

Jennifer

where would I go to find one that is like that, online. I'd like to get a player like that. Which picture shows it's warped so I'll know next time.
where would I go to find one that is like that, online. I'd like to get a player like that. Which picture shows it's warped so I'll know next time. PS. Are we sure? Someone else just bid $405.00 for it. There's 1 day left. I was relieved to see I was outbid after reading you. But now I kinda want one...how cool! Bring that out and play classical for my son...
I'll probably get over it in time, but right now it's "I want one". Where do I look, and would you help me more than this time?

It's a nice guitar and if someone has the ability to repair it themself, it's a good deal. If you have to pay someone to fix it, the cost won't be worth it.

What specifically are you looking for? A classical guitar with inlay? In general, I don't like seeing people buy instruments on eBay (I think that's where you're looking?) Too many people wind up with something they don't want. Ideally, you should always play a guitar before buying it--getting one site unseen, unless you are a technician who can handle repairs and adjustments yourself, is likely to result in disappointment. If you look at Craigslist, or Facebook local Marketplace groups (every town/county has a few), you'll find the same level of deals but locally where you can try before you buy.

where are sites that specialize in that kind of romantic era playable inlay guitar. They are not around here. I don't live in a big city. Can't play it first.

If you go to Reverb.com, you'll be able to search for guitars like that, and the sellers are vetted so they can reliably tell you about condition and sound.

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

jennem22
jennem22, Appraiser