Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I need to pianos appraised. Can I get a better rate for 2…

I need to pianos...

I need to pianos appraised

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Can I get a better rate for 2 appraisals? I have a cavity Hamilton Baldwin baby grand piano model number 11399. Also I have a walnut william Kanabe $ Sin baby grand with the model # 199542

3/13/2018
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Thanks for your question. I’m happy to help with both appraisals, but they must be submitted as separate paid questions. Which one would you like me to work on for this question?
That’s fine, the ebony Hamilton
Thanks. That’s a very low serial—can you double check it is right? The serial should be located near the strings. Also, can you describe condition?
Unfortunately I am not with the piano but that’s the only number we could find.
13A36744-2C9E-4F26-9E27...jpeg13A367...jpegBA0EFB4B-8DA3-42B0-BDA4...jpegBA0EFB...jpeg8B6F4BA8-F3A9-428B-BA4C...jpeg8B6F4B...jpegCB083801-E49D-4BF4-ACC8...jpegCB0838...jpeg
Thanks, I’m looking into this now.

Thanks for your patience!

I see in one of your photos the piano has a model number of H399. That designates a model produced in the 2000's. In 2001, Baldwin was purchased by the Gibson guitar company and eventually all manufacturing was shipped overseas. These later pianos with Baldwin or Baldwin subsidiary names are ***** ***** the same quality as those produced before the merger.

The piano appears to be in excellent original condition (as it should be since it is newer) and that helps with value. This would be a good piano for home or small studio use, with moderate playing time.

Based on the maker, age, photos and used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $6,800-$7,800 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!

To get help with your other piano, please open a new question that begins "For Tyler" and then list the available information about the instrument.

Perfect thank you! I’m trying to sell it in with that appraisal saying” less quality “is there anyway you can reword that?Also, I’ve paid for two appraisal so I will be asking you about the walnu also, I’ve paid for two appraisal so I will be asking you about the walnut Kanabe next!

I see in one of your photos the piano has a model number of H399. That designates a model produced after 2004. In 2001, Baldwin was purchased by the Gibson guitar company and eventually all manufacturing was shipped overseas. These later pianos with Baldwin or Baldwin subsidiary names are ***** ***** those produced before the merger.

Hi, please be sure to select a positive rating first before I start the new one. Also; the new piano has to be in a separate question.
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Hi it’s asking me to pay again I’ve already paid twice via PayPal
I’m not sure why. You may have paid a small deposit first then a larger amount to complete the first question. Please contact customer service as they can explain it for you or fix it quickly.
I just realized you also requested a phone call for an additional fee. This is the second charge. You can have that reversed since I didn’t call you and then open a second question. Customer service can assist with that.