Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

What is the value of my Brewster upright player piano? It is…

What is the value of...
What is the value of my Brewster upright player piano? It is in good condition and is working. The serial number is190875.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Hi, what’s the height and when was it tuned last?
53 &3/4 inches. Last tuned about 2008.
Thanks. I’m looking into this now.

Thanks for your patience!

This piano was built in 1929 based on the serial you provided. Player pianos were built in large quantities prior to 1930 when the great depression really changed the piano business. Today, many of these old upright players still exist and can be purchased cheaply on the used market. Pianos decline in condition and therefore depreciate in value as they age. Routine maintenance, and often refurbishment, are needed to keep old pianos in their best shape. Lack of tuning for 10 years is a slight concern for your piano as it may need extra work to hold a tune.

Based on your description and considering the used market today, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $350-$650 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!

Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Thank you!