Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a Stradivarius banjolin. It has Stradivarius special…

I have a Stradivarius...

I have a Stradivarius banjolin. It has Stradivarius special engraved on handle. I believe it to be around the turn of the 1800/1900s. In original case.. Hardly used

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It originally was owned by my great,great uncle. He was born around 1875. I can send a photo if you have an email I can send it to.Thanks Alanna

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Not that I can think of. I don't know if my uncle was the original owner. It has sat on the top of my mothers wardrobe for the past eighty years in touched.

3/2/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Stradivarius Banjolin circa: 1900-1910 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of 300.00-375.00 AU if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for 375.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for 375.00-400.00
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I believe it would be more . No one yet has seem the words "Special" engraved on a Stradivarius banjolin

I agree, I believe they are worth more also.

I can only report to you what these have sold for in the past 12 months, we use the most up to date data bases, past auction sales, and brick and mortar shops to obtain the most current sold prices. The sold prices are what this has actually sold for in the past 12 months, the search was done by " Stradivarius special engraved on handle " . Just because I piece sold for a price does not mean that is what you have to sell it for, this is simply what has been reported as a sold price, there are many reasons a item can sell on the lower end. It depends on who purchased it, what they were willing to pay for something. A lot of sellers will discount items if they have not been able to sell them for what they wanted, we see this all the time. But, the reported sold price is what gets recorded. I am sorry I cannot report this has sold higher.

If you would like to sell it for much more you can, if it were mine I would list it for much more. If this were mine I would try to sell it closer to 1***-**-****.00. If not more, depending on the market you are in. I would list it and see how it goes, if it did not sell then I could decide if I wanted to take less for it.

.

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Giving the appraiser credit for answering your question has no extra cost to you.

This is the only way we get credited by the site for our work. Then compensated.

This may be clicking the stars, or review/rate expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top/bottom of the page then click on Finish, then click on the stars!

Credit is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda

Glenda B.