Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a J&C Fischer upright piano, serial number 147714. It…

I have a J&C...

I have a J&C Fischer upright piano, serial number 147714. It has been pretty well maintained since my mom got it in 1950. Before her, it belonged to an elderly lady. It still plays but needs tuning.

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

It appears to be mahogany and has some inlay trim. It is not overly ornate. The wood is also in pretty good condition for its age; mostly just scratches.

1/17/2018
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree

This is Wayne, I am a verfued expert in musical insrruments and I can help you with this. Your J&C Fischer upright piano was made circa 1922. Asuuming this is in good playable condition this would sell for $300-500 at auction and insurance value is $1000.

Thank you,

Wayne, Bachelor's Degree