Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have an Autonius Stradiuvarius Cremonensis, (second line)

I have an Autonius...

I have an Autonius Stradiuvarius Cremonensis, (second line) faciebat anno 1722 that belonged to my husband's grandmother who would be in her 100's if she were a live today. it is in it's original case and in very good shape. Just wondering if it is worth anything.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

That is the only markings I find in it.

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

Hi, my name is Glenda,

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Antonius Straduarius Cremonensis Faciet anno 1722, Copy Dating to 1880-1900 Natural Wood has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $2***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $1***-**-****.00, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $2500.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $2500.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.

.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
This is probably a dumb question but would that also include the case and the bow?

Hello

That is not dumb at all but, yes it would.

Glenda