Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get Musical Instrument Appraisal from Experts

Musical Instrument Appraisal

I have a Samick SG-172 SN = KJKHG0212 Color = - Satin

Customer Question
I have a Samick SG-172 SN...
I have a Samick SG-172
SN = KJKHG0212
Color = Ebony - Satin
Condition = Good/GreatWhat year is the piano, and what is it's current used/re-sale value.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser replied 1 month ago
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser

Hi, I have completed thousands of instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours. *Please ignore phone call offers, I work online only.

I'm looking into this now, please give me a few minutes.

I don't find any serials that begin with KJKH--can you double check that for me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
KJKHG0212, located above the SG-172. I can send you a photo.

Thanks. Sure--a photo would be great.

Thanks. Samick manufactured pianos in Indonesia as well as Korea, with the majority being made in Korea. For serial numbers, the Indonesian models all begin with IJ. The Korean models start with J's and later K's, however they have none shown which start with the sequence KJK. For that reason, I am thinking the first K does not belong and that would mean your piano was built in Korea in 2001. I can't be certain about that, but based on the numbers they list, this is my best guess.

This piano's equivalent today sells for about $20,000 and is marked down by each dealer. Considering about 15 years of depreciation in value, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $9,000-$10,500 in a private sale in excellent condition. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!

Musical Instrument Appraiser: Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser replied 30 days ago

Hi--checking back to see if you received my appraisal?

Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser