Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get Musical Instrument Appraisal from Experts

Musical Instrument Appraisal

I have a 1999/2000 Yamaha GP1 baby grand I would like to…

Hi, I have a 1999/2000...
Hi, I have a 1999/2000 Yamaha GP1 baby grand I would like to see. What should I expect to get for it?
1/14/2018
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser

Hi, I have completed thousands of instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours. *Please ignore phone call offers, I work online only.

The GP1 was one of Yamaha's entry level baby grand pianos. While the price was lower than most of their other offerings, this is still a quality piano. Yamaha has had an excellent reputation for good products for decades and they are one of the top selling pianos in the U.S.

To figure price today, it is important to keep in mind that all pianos depreciate in value as they age and wear. You didn't mention the piano's current condition, so I will assume excellent original condition with regular maintenance.

Based on those factors, and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $8,200-$9,200 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great. This is the answerI needed. Thank you so much!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not seeing where to rate on my iPhone view? All 5 stars! I will look again when I get back to my computer.
Ok, thank you!
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser