Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get Musical Instrument Appraisal from Experts

Musical Instrument Appraisal

My Mom has a Hardman Duo player piano in excellent shape.

Hello ***** has a Hardman...
Hello ***** has a Hardman Duo player piano in excellent shape.
the serial number is ***** (then its either an 8 or a 6)76 6 digits.
She has close to 35 rolls and needs to sell it because she is moving.
Any idea what we can ask for it realistically? Her buyers may want it!!!
Thank you so much. Mom said it is fruitwood.
1/14/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,

Hardman was a high quality American manufacturer going back to the 1850’s through the 1980’s. Player pianos were the original home entertainment system! The piano itself is a high quality, hand-made instrument.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Piano has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if this were sold in a High End Shop it would sell for $1800.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1800.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.

Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** was the serial number, was that an 8 or a 6!? haha I''ll check with my Mom and see what she thinks.

Hello

Not knowing for sure the number I believe it was the 8

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi - I just scoured the internet, inc the sites you recommended and no where do I see a Hardman Player Piano selling for more than $475. There were about 4 of them. How do you come up with an appraisal? Also, from the serial number, what does that tell you about the piano...year it was made?

You are correct most people on the internet sell these very low, that does not mean you cannot sell yours for whatever you want to list it for. Most people sell them to just get rid of them because they have inherited them and do not want them.

Here is one for sale, the price is very high, the site tries to sell everything at the highest point they can

This price is very high. But, they do sell a lot of musical items, they are one of the leading sellers.

https://reverb.com/item/1973645-hardman-duo-player-upright-piano-made-in-usa-1963-mahogany-semi-gloss-free-delivery-in-usa

Prices are derived from past sales that have been recorded, I use paid to access sales, and past auctions.

.

The serial shows late 50's early 60's.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.