Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have an antique Camp and Co. pump organ that I believe is…

I have an antique Camp...
I have an antique Camp and Co. pump organ that I believe is at least 100 years old. It has been in a storage unit and needs to be cleaned up. One pump is broken and it's missing ivory on 3 keys. Unclear if it will play. Can you tell me the as-is value and the value of what it might be if restored? I can send pictures. Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Hi, please include your photos here in your reply.
Thanks! Old pump organs are generally not worth too much these days due to the large number on the market and the lack of interest in them, so it’s important to keep that in mind.
Because of the condition issues of yours, the value will be lower as-is and it is likely the amount of money it will cost to restore it will be more than it is worth restored.
Based on the photos and condition, as-is I would recommend a value of $0-$200. Fully restored, I would recommend $600-$1,000. It could be difficult locating a buyer for it in either condition. I wish you the best of luck!
Please select a rating before leaving—I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser